The filters let you drill down into your folders. The filters are also available on any searches you run.
How to use the filters
Step 1 – Click to expand ‘Check news’ on the left-hand navigation and click into one of your folders.
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Filters’ accordion on the right of your folder. This will show you the filter options for the folder.
Step 3 – Choose the filter/s you want to apply. When you click on a source, content type, tag or more, a green tick will appear next to it to show the filters you’ve turned on. You can change the filter by selecting a new one, or remove the filter by selecting the top option in each tab e.g ‘All sources’ or ‘All types’.
- Source (Media, Reports and Tools only) – Click on the ‘Source’ tab to see all the sources that have supplied content for the selected period. Each source shows the volume of mentions and you can click on a source name to filter the content in the folder to just that source.
- Type – Click on the ‘Type’ tab to see all the types of content for the selected period. You can see the amount of each type and filter the content in the folder by type (e.g. Blog, Advisory, Speech etc). Just tick all the types of content you want to see.
- Tag (Tools only) – You can filter the content in the folder by tags you’ve added. Just tick the tag you want to see.
- Date – Choose from the list of preset date ranges (this will be remembered for next time) or enter your own custom time period to filter the content in the folder. The default is to show the content for the last 30 days. The custom date you set here will be added to the list of options for creating a report under the ‘Reporting’ tab.
- Duplicates – Choose to hide or show duplicate articles. Hiding duplicate articles means all duplicate articles will be grouped together under the primary version of the article.
Step 4 – Check out the content in the folder, it’ll now be filtered to only show the content matching the filters you’ve selected.